The Armenian Engineers and Scientists of America (AESA) recently celebrated its 40th Anniversary with a spectacular fundraising banquet that left an indelible mark on the organization’s history. The event, held in lieu of the traditional Gala, aimed to raise funds for aerospace education programs and aerospace technology initiatives in Armenia. Specifically, we funded the Masters of Science in Aerospace Instrumentation Program at the National Academy of Sciences led by Engineering City. Additional funds will go towards crucial aerospace-related research and development projects. With a grand total of $35,000 raised, the evening was a resounding success, thanks to the unwavering support of dignitaries, distinguished guests, and the AESA community.
Distinguished Guests and Keynote Speaker
The banquet was graced by the presence of many esteemed dignitaries, including State Senator Anthony Portantino, Councilmember Ardy Kassakhian, and LA County Commissioner David George Gevorkyan. Their presence highlighted the importance of AESA’s mission and the critical role the organization plays in fostering innovation and technical advancement. The event was led by the spectacular Kristine Kumuryan, the Mistress of Ceremony.
The event was graced by the beautiful musical performance of Nektarine Chilyan.
The keynote speaker for the evening was none other than Paolo Pirjanian, CEO of Embodied Inc. and the mastermind behind Moxie the Robot. Mr. Pirjanian’s inspiring address underscored the significance of the fundraiser, the organization’s goals, and the importance of collective efforts in driving innovation and technical growth. His words resonated deeply with the audience, motivating all to contribute towards a brighter aerospace future.
A Glimpse into the Future
The evening offered attendees a glimpse of where the raised funds would be directed, showcasing videos that illustrated the impact AESA has had on aerospace-related research and development projects. These initiatives not only promote technical advancement but also create opportunities for aspiring aerospace engineers and scientists in Armenia.
Commendations and Awards
The banquet also served as an occasion to honor the dedicated and hardworking volunteers who have been the backbone of AESA for decades. The following individuals received well-deserved awards for their outstanding contributions:
- Araksiya Nadjarian – AESA Service Award and Most Hours Volunteered Award
- Recognized for exemplary service and the most hours volunteered within a year.
- Aram Ter-Martirosyan – Most Resourceful Award
- Acknowledged for being the most resourceful individual within AESA.
- Grant Atikyan – Rising Star Award
- Recognized for outstanding contributions and exceptional potential.
- Sona Juharyan – Most Consistent Committee Chair Award
- Acknowledged for unwavering dedication and reliability.
- Raffi Enficiaud – Most Active Committee Chair Award
- Honored for outstanding commitment and initiative.
- Vazgen Ghoogassian – Longest Years Serviced Award
- Recognized for enduring dedication to AESA’s mission.
- Razmik Gharakhanian – Greatest Contribution Award
- Acknowledged for making a significant impact on the organization’s financial stability.
- Nairi Zograbyan – Silent Hero Award
- Applauded for making a substantial difference through quiet dedication.
Sponsors and Gratitude
The success of the event would not have been possible without the generous support of sponsors, particularly the Platinum sponsors: ConnectTo Communications, Atoian and Associates, and the Gharakhanian Family. AESA extends heartfelt gratitude to all sponsors, including the Kalaydjian Banquet Hall, for their invaluable contributions to the event.
The fundraising banquet in celebration of AESA’s 40th Anniversary was an overwhelming success, with $35,000 raised to support aerospace education and technology in Armenia. The evening was a testament to the power of community, innovation, and collaboration, bringing together leaders, visionaries, and dedicated volunteers in a shared mission. Congratulations to AESA for a remarkable milestone and a memorable event that marked a new chapter in the organization’s history. The future of aerospace engineering and technology in Armenia is brighter, thanks to AESA’s tireless efforts and the generosity of its supporters.