History: AESA New York – New Jersey Section was established in 2009. Founding president Aram Setian.
In 2018, the section was renamed to AESA Northeastern Section.
Goals: Encourage technical and social interaction among Armenian Architects, Engineers and Scientists within the Northeastern States and foster dissemination of knowledge of Engineering and Science within the US and Armenia.
Most significant projects:
- Mentoring Forum, annually, bringing together professionals from every area together with student.
- Support for the Holy Martyrs Armenian School Science Projects/Fair
- AESA Collaboration program with National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia and Rutgers University
- AESA Collaboration program with the Guimri Information Technology Center
- AESA Collaboration program with the Shushi University of Technology
- Supporting the educational and facility needs of the Aratashen village preschool
- Periodic presentation and lectures on technical and non-technical topics
- Honoring distinguished Armenia Engineers and Scientists at the annual anniversary banquet
Current Board members:
President Allen Berber email@example.com
Vice President (President Elect) Jennifer Papazian
Treasurer David Michaelian
Membership Committee Shaunte Baboumian
Mentoring Committee Vahan Tanal
Nominating Committee Rafi Oundjian
Technology and Education Committee Hovhannes Mardirossian
Web Design Support Harout and Rafi Jamgotchian
President Emeritus Aram Setian, Hovhannes Mardirossian
Liaison Student and
Armenian Organizations Harold Takooshian, Ph. D
Collaboration in Armenia Irina Igitkhanian, Sammy Armen
AESA representative in Armenia Nver Khachaturyan, Ph. D